October 13, 2008

Grandma



I am really slow on this one but this was in August and Creed and I went down to see Grandma before she headed to Florida. I got to go through the temple with her and Aunts and Uncles. Wow what an experience. To say that the spirit was there is an understatement. The feeling that was in the temple that day, well there are not really word that describe what I felt. it was amazing and I will never forget that. Thanks Grandma! It was a testimony to me of how important temple work is and how powerful the spirit can be. I want to add also that I love my Grandma. She is a great example in my life and as I was talking to her I asked her if she missed Grandpa, and what were some of her favorite memories of him. She said well Grandpa like to work a lot, and there is nothing wrong with work. She told of him working in the garden and on the ranch and the one thing she said that will stick with me forever is this she said" It's OK to have fun together and play together, but the most important thing is to work together as family as husband and wife. She said there is nothing that will hold a family together more then working together." I loved that thought from her, and I am trying to do that in my own family, and I can testify that it is fun and my kids enjoy it too. Thanks again Grandma I love you!

No comments: